Tuesday, March 17, 2009

GIVING AWAY EGGS TO NEIGHBOR KIDS

What a cool evening. I got to work at 6am so that I could get off at 2:45pm and race to meet my daughter and pick up the grand boys. She had to work.

Off to pick up coupons from mom and dad, and also empty pill bottles to store seeds in. I hope to gather a bunch of them.

Then over to feed horses. While waiting for them to finish eating, I was given a bunch of firewood which I loaded into the trunk.

Then on the way home I got a call from my helper John who told me that he had a bunch of scrap wood which I could come and get. We fit all we could into the trunk but the rest I will have to have a truck for. Yet another reason to get a truck.

Then home we raced to unload the wood and kids. As we pulled into the driveway there was a HUGE boom from behind the house. I could tell it was a rather large shotgun. As I pulled around to unload the wood I saw the "behind me" neighbor along with two other men and 3 kids shooting a shotgun into a large pile of dirt. I have met him before once. His name is Glen...very very nice young man...he waved at me and came running across the field with a couple of the kids. He wanted to tell me he was not pointing the gun in my direction. That was really nice.

I know shotguns and knew he wasn't close enough to hurt us anyway but also saw which direction he was pointing the gun.

The boy and girl with him were around the same age as my oldest grandson and both my grandsons were up on the fence introducing themselves. As most kids do, Jayden and Dakota asked the boy and girl to come over and check out their tree houses. Glen gave them til dark and another boy a little older came over too. In 15 minutes they checked out the tree houses, found a football and threw it back and forth and came to see the baby chickens. I sent them home each with an egg, 2 green and one pink layed today. They thought it was really cool that my chickens lay Easter Eggs.

Here is a picture of the irons that I traded for eggs. I haven't figured out what to do with them yet.



And here is a piece of wood I found on the pile of fire wood I got. I don't think I will burn this one. It is too cool.



Right now it is just dark and the kids are watching an alien movie while I cook speghetti and meatballs without the red sauce but with butter...(go figure the taste buds of kids).


ps....last night the first of the bull frogs woke up!!

3 comments:

Leasmom said...

I must've missed it when you named it Peaceful Acres, is that the name of your farm, remember you were looking for a name?

Peggy said...

I love the farm name, you do have a lot of mud and I see why you have such an aversion to it!You are digging up some interesting items while clearing the land.Sorry you lost some chicks, you have a list for every day and it never seems to get shorter!

Tracy Bruring said...

I kind of like the name too Partrice. I just changed it and am trying to decide if I like it enough to make it perm.

Peggy, we have found some cool things out here. The boys found what used to be a round rock with writing on it. But the spur is the coolest thing yet.

With summer coming my list is every growing.