Sunday, February 12, 2012

ANOTHER WORK DAY...KIND OF

Wow did I sleep well last night. Woke at 5:30am and snuggled with the kitty for another hour thinking about what I want to get accomplished today.

Then got up and poached a duck egg for breakfast over toasted homemade bread with hot sweet jasmine tea.



Checking my seedlings as I do everyday, I see that the marigolds are developing secondary leaves and a pumpkin is sprouted.





Prepping todays lunch. Last year I canned beef and potatos. Last week I dehydrated a large package of frozen veggie mix and a large package of "season mix" which is mainly onions and bell peppers.





Today I took 1 cup of veggies and 1/2 cup of season mix and added 4 cups of boiling water.

I will saute garlic and then add flour and cook until toasty brown. Then will add the beef broth and some water and salt and pepper. Then add the beef and veggies and cook until thick.

Served today after church with home made buttermilk bread. This will fill up tummies and will energize my grand boys into doing chores (maybe)

No comments: