Saturday, December 11, 2010

SATURDAY CHORES

I have been up since 4:45 am. I have canned 9 pints of chicken and dumplings and have 3 quarts of pickled beets in right now.





Later I will try to pickle some jalapenos..some clinging to the dead plants out front.

Dad is coming over this morning and we are putting up the icicle lights out front and finishing the peg board in the tool shed.

At noon I will be going out to the farm to pick up 2 gallons of raw milk. I did not order rennet to make cheese so I may freeze this milk and order it online. I plan on making mozzerella and cheddar. I want to work my way up to asiago cheese.

A cold front is coming in today so I will try to clean out the hen house and lay down new bedding. Fill food containers up and water the garden so that the spigots can be covered.

Then the most important thing!! I am getting out the Christmas tree and all of the decorations. I will try to see if the grandboys can come and help me decorate and drink hot cocoa with me.

That is pretty much it. Kind of boring and basically just being here to watch the other rabbit to see if she is going to kindle this weekend.

No comments: